Reinstalling Whatsapp. Sometimes, we start receiving error notifications on Whatsapp. Maybe you just need to change the Whatsapp version you are using or refresh the one you use. No matter the problem you have, in this post you’ll learn how to reinstall Whatsapp and avoid losing information when
Reinstall Whatsapp without losing messages
If you want to delete the app in order to reinstall it, but you don’t want to lose your old messages, pictures, videos and general content, you have to do a backup of your Android Phone on Google Drive. Follow these steps if you want to do the backup:
- In Whatsapp, tap on the 3-dots icon which is in the top right corner of the app.
- From the drop-down menu, tap on “settings”.
- Once there, tap on “chats”.
- Next, tap on “Chat backup”.
- Once in the “Chat backup” screen, you have to start backing up in Google Drive, taping on “Back Up”.
- Then, you just have for the back up to be done. Depending on the content you have in your app, the backup will last longer.
Also, if before reinstalling Whatsapp, while doing the backup you decide you don’t want to save your old videos, you can uncheck the box of “include videos”. This will make the backup take less time.
Now the backup is done, you can delete Whatsapp safely. You just have to follow the steps below on your Android Phone:
- Go to the “settings” menu.
- There, tap on “applications”.
- Tap on “application manager”
- Next, tap on “Whatsapp”, it will appear a new menu in which you will see the “uninstall” option.
- Tap on “uninstall” and wait for the process to be done.
After doing that, you just have to install Whatsapp again on your phone. Follow these steps to do it again safely and free:
- Open the “Play Store” on your phone.
- In the search area write “Whatsapp”, and select the option which developers are “Whatsapp Inc.”
- Tap on “install” and the application will star downloading to your phone.
- In the next screen, tap on “accept” to provide Whatsapp with access to your phone.
- Once Whatsapp is installed, tap on “open”.
- Tap on “agree and continue”.
- On the next screen, you have to select your country and write your phone number.
- Next, tap on “ok” to verify your number.
- After that, you’ll see the backup screen. There, you can choose if you want to recover old messages, pictures, videos and content or start the app from zero. If you want to recover the information, tap on “restore”, if you don’t, tap on “skip”.
- There you are, you have successfully completed the reinstallation of Whatsapp latest version on your Android phone without losing information. If you are having trouble with your app, you just have to follow those steps before and after reinstalling Whatsapp to fix them fast, safely and free.